Friday, October 12, 2018

Leipzig/hypezig pt.I

One Saturday morning last fall, my Dresden companions and I made a little trip to Leipzig for the day. I'd been once before (for an unforgettable night/morning at IfZ... more on that in a different blog post, maybe), but I needed to go back. I didn't really have a functioning camera the first time I went, and I could only see so much of the city on 0 hours of sleep.

My goal that day was to wander around and see as much art as I could. Leipzig is a really beautiful, sparse, and spread-out city -- a place I feel I could go back to a lot. We started the day walking from the train station in the general direction of Plagwitz, a historically industrial neighbourhood where a bunch of art stuff is concentrated.

These buddies were slipping around on the ice in Clara-Zetkin park. We probably spent a good 20 minutes watching them along with a 5-year-old kid and his mom.

_IGP7090

One of many cool elderly Leipzigers exercising early in the morn.

_IGP7106

We finally got out of the park and made our way westward through the canals.

_IGP7139

_IGP7161

_IGP7132

After a cake break, we stumbled across a lil' holiday market.

_IGP7145

_IGP7155

Eventually we made it to the Leipziger Baumwollspinnerei, a massive "reclaimed" cotton factory complex.

_IGP7169

_IGP7177

_IGP7202

_IGP7210

_IGP7208

_IGP7187

We spent the evening at a bar called Kune on Eisenbahnstraße (about which countless articles have been written), on the other side of town. Few bars have made me feel so comfy, for real. I had a delicious beer called Bubi Helles, and we called it a night.

_IGP7219

_IGP7221

No comments:

Post a Comment